- ¾ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 yellow onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons mint, chopped (to taste)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Blanch peas in boiling water for 1 minute. Transfer to an ice bath until cold, drain. If using frozen peas, microwave until thawed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Place cooked peas, avocado, and salt in a mortar and pestle and mash to combine (you can also use a food processor).
- Stir in onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and mint.
- Season to taste with lime juice and salt.