- ½ lb strawberries
- 1 ball burrata
- ½ cup black garlic
- ½ cup balsamic reduction, recipe follows (or 25 yr aged balsamic)
- Smoked olive oil, to taste
- Basil buds, garnish
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Husk and cut strawberries in half.
- Heat cast iron pan over medium heat. Once hot, sear the strawberries, 1-2 minutes.
- Finish off in the oven for about 3-5 minutes until nicely charred. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, add black garlic and balsamic reduction in a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Take your burrata and plate it in your preferred dish (a shallow bowl works well).
- Spoon BBQ Strawberries around the burrata and drizzle with the dressing.
- Finish off with a drizzle of smoked olive oil, basil buds, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add balsamic vinegar into a heavy bottom saucepan and slowly heat the vinegar until it starts to simmer.
- Lower the heat to keep the vinegar simmering, and allow the vinegar to reduce. Keep reducing until it turns into a syrupy glaze, about 20 minutes. It will continue to thicken as it cools. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the balsamic reduction to cool. Store in a glass jar or bottle, and it will keep for several weeks.