Pickled Red Onions
Make this Tonight - "BBQ Pork Belly with Bomb Mac Salad & Buttermilk Cake"
- 1 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Bay Leafs
- 2 Anise Pods
- 5 Whole Allspice
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Coriander Seeds
- Combine everything in a small saucepan except red onions. Bring to a boil and then drop to a simmer for 10 mins, turn heat off. Pour hot liquid over onions. Allow to cool completely before serving.