Catfish Tacos with Vegan Jalapeno Creme
Make this Tonight - "Tacos Got Soul"
- 4 -5- 7-9 oz boneless skinless catfish fillets cut into 1.5 oz slices
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- Grapeseed oil for deep frying
- Gluten free cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup veganaise
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Lime juice to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 1 or 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, ribs and seeds removed
- Salt to taste
- Fried catfish
- Jalapeno creme
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cabbage
- 1 ½ cups shredded red cabbage
- parsley for garnish
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shredded red onion
- Fresh lemon wedges for garnish
- 15 corn tortillas for serving
- In a bowl, add the cornmeal, resie rub, paprika, salt, granulated garlic, and cayenne pepper. Set it aside.
- Mix smoked paprika, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne together in a separate bowl, then add seasoning to the fish on both sides.
- Add seasoned fish to cornmeal mix.
- Once all the fish is breaded, gently place the fish one piece at a time in the hot oil. Depending upon the size of your Dutch oven or deep fryer, fry 4 to 6 pieces at a time.
- Fry the fish in batches. Cook on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the coating is golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Blend veganaise, parsley, jalapeno pepper, garlic, lemon juice, and salt together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Place fried catfish in corn tortillas.
- Top with shredded cabbage, veggies, and jalapeno creme.