- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose gluten free Panko
- 3 medium sized, firm green tomatoes, cut 1/3-inch-thick
- 10 oz rice bran or sunflower oil for frying
- 6 Italian rolls
- remoulade or mayo for spreading
- 18 pieces of Applewood bacon, turkey bacon, or veggie bacon
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup sweet chili
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk together the egg and the mustard
- In a shallow dish combine the Panko, baking powder, old bay, salt, pepper and 1⁄4 cup of the gluten free all-purpose flour.
- Dredge the tomato slices in the remaining 1⁄2 cup of gluten free all-purpose flour; dip in the egg mixture, and dredge in the Panko mixture.
- Pour the oil to a depth of 1⁄2 inch in a large cast iron skillet. Heat the oil to 350°F over medium-high heat.
- Drop the tomatoes, in batches, into hot oil and cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle hot tomatoes with sea salt to taste
- On toasted bread, add remoulade lettuce of choice bacon and tomatoes
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.