- 6 Cornish game hens (1-1/2 to 1-3/4 lbs each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 ½ cup whiskey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season inside and outside the cavity of each hen with salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, paprika and rub a tablespoon of softened butter liberally over the skin. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. (optional)
- Arrange 6 hens, breast side up, in each roasting pan,(or use 2 pans) be sure to leave a little space between them. Add a 1/2-inch of chicken broth to the bottom of the pan and place them in the oven.
- Roast the hens for 30 minutes, then baste with the pan juices. Return them to the oven, rotating the position of the roasting pans to ensure even cooking.
- Continue roasting the hens for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F.
- While the hens are roasting Make whiskey reduction/glaze
- Remove the hens from the oven and brush them with the glaze. Increase the oven temperature to 450°F and return them to the oven just long enough for glaze to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Remove and brush with any remaining glaze if desired.
- Allow the hens to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a slow boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Reduce by half
- Set a side keeping warm