- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt, plus more to season to taste
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper, plus more to season to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads green leaf lettuce and/or frisee
- 1 fennel bulb, core removed
- Add lemon juice, dijon, honey, minced shallot, sea salt, and cracked black pepper to a bowl.
- Slowly stream in extra virgin olive oil while whisking to emulsify.
- Thinly shave the fennel bulbs on a mandoline. If doing in advance, store in ice water.
- Add greens and shaved fennel to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange salad on a serving platter.