- 3 cups rice vinegar
- 2 ¼ cup water
- 2 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons whole mustard seed
- 3 tablespoons whole coriander seed
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 ¼ lb Persian cucumbers or English cucumbers sliced into ½-inch rounds
- In a pot, bring all ingredients except cucumbers to a boil over high heat until salt is dissolved to create a brine.
- Transfer brine to a bowl to be placed inside another bowl with ice and whisk until warm (or leave at room temp to cool).
- When the brine is cooled down just enough you can leave your finger in it for a couple seconds, it’s ready.
- Transfer your cucumber rounds to a large mason jar or any receptacle that can go in the fridge and keep the cucumbers submerged in the brine.
- Ladle the semi-warm mixture over the cucumbers.
- Leave them uncovered for an hour in the fridge or until cold. They can be served cold or room temp.
- These are best for enjoying on the side of your burger or as a snack.