- 2 (about 12 oz ea) rib-eye steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 parsley stems
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon calabrian chili, minced
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron pan pan on medium-high heat and add 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the steaks to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side to sear.
- Add the crushed garlic and parsley with a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
- Carefully tilt the pan toward you allowing the butter and oil to pool. Using a spoon, baste the steak with the oil and butter for 1 minute.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice against the grain into 1/2 inch slices, plate and top with Gremolata and all the juices from the meat.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.