- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ½ cup sweet rice, soaked overnight
- 1 pandan leaf
- 6 banana leaves, cut into 5x7 inch pieces, torched over an open flame until shiny and bright green
- Rinse both types of rice in cold water until water is clear.
- In a pot, place both types of rice, pandan leaf, 1 ½ cups of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, place the lid on the pot, lower the heat to low and cook for 15-18 minutes.
- Once done, turn the heat off and let it rest for another ten minutes without the lid.
- Gather banana leaves, place 1/4 cup of cooked rice into each banana leaf, and fold into a parcel. Secure by threading a toothpick at the seam to keep sealed. Repeat 5 more times.
- In a bamboo or other steamer set over simmering water, steam the parcels for 20 minutes. Serve warm.