- 4-6 slices of bacon, finely chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 ¼ cup vodka
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 48 oz canned plum tomatoes (San Marzano recommended)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Saute bacon, onion, and rosemary on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until the bacon is browned.
- Add red chili flakes and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Lower the heat and stir in vodka until it reduces to half then stir in butter.
- Increase the heat back to medium and pour in the cream until it begins to thicken and bubble.
- Stir in tomatoes and seasonings and let simmer for 1-2 hours on medium-low without a lid.
- Use an immersion blender and blend the sauce until smooth. Add salt to taste.