- 4-6 large russet potatoes, whole, skin-on
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- Let cool slightly then peel off skin.
- In another pot, simmer roasted garlic in olive oil then add potatoes. Shut off the heat, and mash the potatoes in the garlic oil.
- Add butter, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons parmesan, sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Add potatoes to a casserole dish and sprinkle top with remaining parmesan cheese and fresh cracked black pepper. Broil until the top is brown and serve immediately.