- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 2 (5oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 quart of heavy cream (or store bought whipped cream)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one lime
- 2 (15oz) box vanilla wafers
- 3-4 sliced bananas
- Shaved dark chocolate, for serving (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, vanilla pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk and amaretto liqueur.
- Whisk thoroughly, and refrigerate for 5 minutes or until set.
- In another mixing bowl, combine heavy cream and vanilla and beat until it stiffens, about 2 to 3 minutes. Gently fold the whipped cream and lime zest into the pudding mix.
- Layer the bottom of a dish with vanilla wafers. Spread a 1/2 inch layer of pudding mix on top of the wafers then layer banana slices all over, followed by another layer of wafers.
- Continue to layer in this order until you have no more ingredients. The top layer should be pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Use an ice cream scoop to serve.
- Top with chocolate shavings.