- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, chopped & lightly packed
- 2 poblano chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups long-grain white rice
- 2-3 cups chicken stock
- kosher salt, to taste
- In a blender, add parsley, cilantro, poblanos, white onions, and garlic with ½ cup water. Blend until somewhat liquid or smooth depending on your preference.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Rinse the rice and add it to the oil. Toast for several minutes until rice is golden (about 5 minutes.)
- Add blended ingredients to the rice and cook the liquid out.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Season with salt to taste.
- Cover the rice, reduce the heat to low, and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let sit for 20 minutes to steam. Serve.