Camarones Guisados (Shrimp Stew)
Make this Tonight - "Mofongo and Much More!"
- ½ pound jumbo shrimp
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ packet Sazon Goya with Culantro and Achiote
- ½ small yellow onion, fine dice
- ½ red bell pepper, fine dice
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 7 oz canned San Marzano tomatoes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 anchovies, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons alcaparrado (sliced, pimento-stuffed spanish olives and capers in 3 to1 ratio)
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Add oil and Sazon to a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add the garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute until fragrant and then add the tomatoes, coconut milk, anchovies, bay leaf, oregano, and alcaparrado.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened. Add shrimp and lime juice. Simmer until shrimp are cooked through. They should be shaped like the letter J.
- Finish with cilantro.