- 2 pounds pork skin
- White distilled vinegar, as needed
- Salt, as needed
- Neutral oil, as needed
- Place your pigskin on a cutting board.
- Pat the pork skin dry then scrape it thoroughly with a knife to remove any debris. Poke holes into the skin with the tip of your knife all throughout the surface. Score the skin in ½ inch strips.
- Rub salt to cover the skin.
- Take a rolled-up kitchen towel and place it under the board to create a slope. Brush a thin layer of vinegar over the top of the skin and let it air dry. Brush a second thin layer of vinegar over the top and let it air dry.
- Set uncovered in your fridge overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set up a sheet pan with a rack in it.
- Place the skin on the rack fat down. Dry the skin with a paper towel. Rub it down with oil. Sprinkle some more salt on it.
- Put a second sheet pan on top of the skin and a dutch oven on top of that sheet pan.
- After 45 minutes, remove the top sheet pan and let the skin cook until it is golden brown, and has bubbled all over.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.