Duck Fat Roasted Carrots
Make this Tonight - "Not Your Mom's Meatballs & Gnocchi"
- 3-4 bunches of baby rainbow carrots (with tops)
- 1/2 cup duck fat, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- Black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup thick plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Calabrian chile paste
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat an oven to 425F
- Remove tops from carrots and set aside, leaving just a small green tip.
- Thoroughly scrub carrots in warm water, but do not peel.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add carrots to a baking sheet, and drizzle with melted duck fat.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with honey, and add thyme (half picked leaves, half whole sprigs).
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Place into the oven and roast for 10-20 minutes or until al dente and golden.
- Every 4-5 minutes shake the pan of carrots to ensure even roasting.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, yogurt, black pepper, and Calabrian chile paste.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- To serve: spread Calabrian spice yogurt on a platter.
- Add carrots and garnish with some carrot top greens.