- 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded queso quesadilla or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 7-ounce can diced mild green chiles, drained
- 1/4 cup diced pickled jalapeños
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 campari tomatoes on-the-vine, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on a bias
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Blue corn tortilla chip strips, for serving
- Add the evaporated milk to a 9-inch cast iron and bring up to a simmer over medium low. Turn the heat to low, whisk in the cornstarch then add in the cheeses, 1 cup at a time, whisking constantly.
- Add in the chiles, jalapeños and a pinch of salt and stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and keep warm until needed.
- When ready to serve, top with the chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions and cilantro. Serve with chips for dipping.