- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 8.5-ounce boxes corn muffin mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Cooking spray
- Melted butter, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and position a wire rack in the middle.
- Begin by browning the butter. In a small skillet add the butter over medium heat and cook until you see brown bits and it smells nutty, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- To a large bowl add the corn muffin mixes, eggs, buttermilk, maple syrup, vanilla and almond extracts and the browned butter. Whisk together until smooth. Stir in the corn by hand with a rubber spatula.
- Lightly grease a 8x11 oval baking dish. Pour the batter in and spread into a flat, even layer. Bake for 45 minutes or until puffed, golden brown and set around the edges. The center should have a slight jiggle to it.
- Let cool slightly then serve with extra maple syrup and melted butter for drizzling.