- ½ cup romaine, chopped
- ½ cup iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/8 cup red onion, chopped ¼”
- ¼ cup Persian cucumber, chopped ¼”
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup corn kernels, grilled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped + extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons breakfast radish, sliced ⅛-inch thick
- 1 lime, wedge
- 1 tablespoon chili lime seasoning
- 2 tablespoons avocado, chopped
- ½ 6” corn tortilla, julienned (as thinly sliced as possible)
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying.
- ½ oz. chipotle in adobo sauce
- 4 oz. mayo
- 1 oz, water
- ½ lime, juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- On a dry griddle or grill pan, grill the corn, rotating the corn every few minutes so that it browns all over, about 7-10 minutes until the corn is tender.
- Let cool and remove the kernels, using a sharp knife to slice down along the cob. It helps to do this over a sheet pan or tray to catch the kernels.
- Pour the vegetable or canola oil to a depth of 1 inch into a medium-size skillet or saucepot and heat over medium-high heat to 350F.
- Line a plate with a couple of paper towels.
- When the oil is hot, add the tortilla strips in batches and cook, stirring often, until they are crisp and lightly colored, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to the plate.
- Add all ingredients for the dressing to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Toss lettuces, cucumber, red onion, 1/2 of the cherry tomatoes, 1/2 of the chopped cilantro with 2 tablespoons chipotle dressing. Place in a serving bowl.
- Using the same mixing bowl, toss corn, ½ cotija crumble, squeeze of lime, remaining chopped cilantro, chili lime seasoning, and 1 tablespoon chipotle dressing.
- Place on top of the salad.
- Top with chopped avocado and stack tortilla strips.
- Sprinkle remaining cherry tomatoes around salad along with sliced breakfast radish.
- Garnish with cilantro on top and sprinkle remaining cotija cheese.