- 10 serrano chills, whole, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, whole, peeled
- ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 10 oz blended oil. enough to cover
- 1/2 white onion, divided
- 1 ½ bunches cilantro, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a small or medium saucepan, add chilies, garlic, oregano, and oil.
- Simmer until garlic gets nicely brown all over, 10 - 15 minutes.
- Take off heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Rough chop ¼ white onion.
- Add confit chili with oil, garlic, oregano, ¼ onion (rough chopped), 1 bunch cilantro, and salt (season Heavy!).
- Finely chop remaining ¼ onion and fold into blended chili mixture with ½ bunch cilantro (chopped fine).