- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped finely
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Bowl of water, for dipping hands
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter, add dates and stir for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, pecans, and Rice Krispies and stir to combine for 1 minute.
- Whisk in egg and keep stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop into wet hands and roll to form a ball, roll in the coconut, and press to form a cookie.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.