- 6 mint leaves
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce (30 ml) melon flavored liqueur
- 1 ounce (30 ml) vodka
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) fresh lime juice
- Club soda
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for 1 month.
- Add the mint leaves and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker.
- Using a cocktail muddler or wooden spoon, gently mash the mint a few times to release the juices.
- Add the melon flavored liqueur, vodka, lime juice, and ice and shake well.
- Strain into a tall glass filled with fresh ice and top with club soda.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.