- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced 1/4 -inch thick
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry rosé wine
- 2 tablespoons lavender syrup
- 8 ounces (220 g) vanilla meringue cookies
- 3 cups (600 ml) heavy cream
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, rosé wine, and lavender syrup and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In another bowl, with an electric mixer, whip the cream to stiff peaks, 8-9 minutes.
- Stiff peaks stand straight up when the beaters are lifted.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly crush the meringue cookies. Fold in three-quarters of the whipped cream and stir gently.
- Set a sieve over a small bowl to catch the juices and drain the strawberries.
- Layer the meringue mixture in the bottom of a large wineglass or an old-fashioned glass.
- Top with a layer of whipped cream, then a layer of strawberries.
- Repeat with meringue cream and more strawberries.
- Finish with whipped cream. Garnish with a mint sprig.