Black Pepper Sauce
Make this Tonight - "Beef & Broccoli and Veggie Fried Rice: Chinese Takeout Staples"
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup Shaoxing wine (if Shaoxing is not available, substitute Sherry)
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat up the canola oil in a small saucepot over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry them for 1 minute.
- When the garlic and ginger start to turn golden, add the Shaoxing wine and cook off the alcohol for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and black pepper.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water in a small bowl to make a slurry.
- When the sauce comes back to simmer, add the slurry.
- Let the sauce simmer for 2 minutes, and the black pepper sauce is done.
- Keep stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.