- ½ pound clams
- 1 ½ teaspoons canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ cup garlic chive, sliced
- ½ cup Shaoxing wine
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon crispy garlic, for garnish
- Heat up oil in a 6 qt saucepot over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add garlic and garlic chive.
- When the garlic starts to turn golden, add clams to the pot, stir, and pour Shaoxing wine into it and cover the pot with a lid. (Pro tip: soak the clams in clean cold water for 20 minutes before cooking, so they would spit out the sand. After soaking, clean the outside shell under running water.)
- Check after about 90 seconds, all the clams should be all opened.
- Add butter to the broth. Garnish with plenty of crispy garlic on top.