Olive Oil Cake
Make this Tonight - "Fia-nomenal Food"
- 8 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups plus 10 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 cups crème fraiche
- Line a half sheet tray with parchment paper and non-stick spray and set aside.
- Sift together all purpose flour, almond flour, salt and baking powder and set aside in a bowl.
- Using the whisk attachment for the kitchen aid, whisk together eggs and sugar on high speed until the eggs become pale and hold soft peaks.
- Turn the mixer down to low and slowly pour in milk while the eggs continue whipping.Begin adding the flour on low in three stages until fully incorporated.
- Drizzle in olive oil on low speed on continue mixing until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Pour onto half sheet tray and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Rotate the cake and bake for another 8 minutes, until golden brown and the cake springs back in the center when pressed down.
- Allow the cake to cool and cut a square out of the cake and place on a plate. Using a large desert spoon, dollop creme fraiche on the top. Sift powdered sugar and zest lemon on top to finish