Chicken Liver Mousse
Make this Tonight - "The Michelin-Style-Man: French Cooking 101"
- 500g chicken liver
- 500g butter
- 4 eggs
- 10g salt
- 10g pink salt
- 5g pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 150ml port
- 150ml brandy
- 1 bay leaf
- Using three ziplock bags, place the chicken livers in bag 1, butter in bag 2, and eggs in bag 3.
- Place all bags in warm water to bring all ingredients to same temperatures, leave in the water until the butter liquefies.
- Combine garlic, port, brandy, and bay leaf, and reduce to a syrup
- In a high speed blender, blend the reduction first
- Add livers, and eggs, blend until smooth
- Add the butter, and the salt and pepper until incorporated and smooth
- Pass through a fine sieve
- Pour into glass jars, cover with plastic wrap and place in shallow water bath.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200° for 28 minutes.
- Remove and chill; melt a little or butter and cover the top of the jars to stop oxidization and spoiling.