- ½ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon high-quality vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan mix together the water and sugar. Do not stir.
- Let the water evaporate and the caramel turns amber.
- Add the cream and a tablespoon of butter. Let it foam and whisk until everything is incorporated.
- Carefully mix in the whipping cream. It will snap, crackle, pop all over the place so again be careful.
- Whisk, whisk, whisk until the caramel sauce is nice and creamy.
- Take off the heat, add the vanilla and mix again.
- Add the pecans and mix again.