- 1/4 cup annatto seeds
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- In a spice grinder or coffee grinder, blend the annatto seeds to a fine powder.
- Sift them through a fine-mesh strainer and process the remnants that were too big to make it through until they are also a fine powder.
- Add the annatto powder back into the blender jar and add the rest of the spices.
- Blend until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed together into a fine powder. Store in an airtight container.