Make this Tonight - "The Pies That Changed My Life!"
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 8 large garlic cloves
- 2 cubanelle peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- 5 ajis dulces or 5 sweet peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunch of recao or 2 bunches of cilantro with stems, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add the onion, garlic, peppers, cilantro, and oil to a blender or food processor. Puree all the ingredients into a chunky paste.
- Congratulations! You’ve just made sofrito. You can freeze what you don’t use in an ice tray and use the cubes whenever your recipe calls for sofrito.