Make this Tonight - "New School Goulash and Spaetzle"
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 spanish onions, diced small
- 1 pound short ribs, trimmed and cut into ½-inch cubes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 ½ cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 ½ ribs celery, diced small
- 1 ½ cups canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell peppers, diced small
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cups dry red wine
- In a medium dutch oven, season the short rib with salt and pepper, sear on all sides. Set beef aside.
- Add diced bacon, onions, carrots, peppers and celery to the dutch oven, allowing veg to cook through.
- Add caraway and paprika and toast.
- Reduce sauce and place in a blender until completely combined.
- Add the sauce back to the pot, add beef, stock, and wine. Simmer for 2-3 hours until beef is tender and the sauce has become thicker.