Make this Tonight - "New School Goulash and Spaetzle"
- 2 C flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup + as needed water
- Butter for frying
- Mix all ingredients except for the water in a food processor. Drizzle in the water until it forms a batter slightly thicker than cake batter.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Season with salt (slightly less than you would for pasta
- Using a spaetzle maker, grate the batter into the water (sometimes a single-sided cheese grater can work if you do not have a spaetzle maker) in batches.
- This recipe will be 2-3 batches.
- When the spaetzle float to the surface, remove with a slotted spoon onto a sheet pan coated with a little oil or butter.
- Refrigerate immediately until completely cooled.
- When all the batches are done and the spaetzle is chilled, warm a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add butter or olive oil and let heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the chilled spaetzle and saute for 1-2 minutes, shaking the pan until browned and crispy on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.