Make this Tonight - "The Three Point Dish for the Win: Monkfish Piccata "
- 2- 7 oz portions of monkfish, bloodline removed and pounded flat
- ½ tablespoon Butter
- 1 whole garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 sprig of thyme
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced and grilled
- ½ Tablespoon capers
- 7 Caperberries
- 6 each Parsley Sprigs
- 2 cups Wondra Flour
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups brown butter
- 1 cup garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white miso
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Preheat a medium saute pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Season monk pieces lightly with salt.
- Dredge in the fish in seasoned flour.
- Saute the fish in the canola oil until golden brown.
- Add butter, garlic, and thyme; baste.
- To finish, remove garlic and thyme, add capers, caperberries, and grilled lemon.
- Flip the fish, just to kiss the pan.
- In a separate pan warm the piccata sauce.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the warm sauce on a place, layer the fish on top.
- Spoon the capers, caperberries, and lemon over the fish.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat cook the butter until it browns, add the sliced garlic.
- Whisk in miso until it is incorporated into the butter.
- Add chicken and vegetable stocks.
- Allow reducing down by half.
- Puree the sauce.
- Season with lemon juice and salt.