Vegetable Frito Misto
Make this Tonight - "The Three Point Dish for the Win: Monkfish Piccata "
- 1 cup fennel, layers separated and cut into petals
- 1 cup Spanish onion, layers separated and cut into petals
- 1 cup eggplant cut into Dredge
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 300 g Wondra flour
- 5g ground coriander
- 5g ground fennel seed
- 4g ground Szechuan peppercorns
- 4g ground dry Thai chili
- Fennel Fronds
- Fill a large pot ⅔ full with canola oil. Using a thermometer bring to 375.
- Combine the eggplant, onion, and fennel.
- Dip into the buttermilk. Dip into the dredge.
- Fry the vegetables until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Blot onto paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Season with vegetable salt.
- Using a Microplane zest the lemon on top of the vegetables.
- Garnish with fennel fronds.
- Serve with dim sum dippy sauce.
- Combine coriander, cumin peppers and salt until evenly mixed.
- Store in a cool dry place.