- 3 cups sweet rice, short-grain, soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup palm simple syrup (equal parts palm sugar and water made into a syrup)
- Set up a stovetop steamer with a paper or cheesecloth, so that the rice does not fall through the holes.
- Steam on medium heat for 30-40 minutes, or until the rice grains are fully cooked.
- While the rice is cooking, gently warm the palm simple syrup and the coconut cream over medium heat.
- When the rice is fully cooked, carefully transfer to a mixing bowl and pour the coconut syrup over the rice. Stir to combine with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the rice to a warm holding location until ready to serve, keeping covered.