- 2 tablespoons dried baby shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and stem removed
- 3 red Thai chilis, sliced thin
- 4 cups green cooking papaya, peeled and julienned into thin strips
- 1 cup Chinese long beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup toasted, chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm simple syrup (equal parts palm sugar and water made into a syrup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- In a mortar and pestle, pound the first three ingredients into a paste.
- Add the papaya, long beans, tomatoes, and half the peanuts and pound until everything is bruised and mixed together.
- Dress the salad with the liquids and toss to combine.
- Place the salad in bowls and garnish with the rest of the peanuts.