- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 8 ounces canned pigeon peas, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup minced white onion
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onions, garlic, jalapeno until translucent.
- Add the rice, water, thyme and bay leaf and season with salt and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the heat down to a slow simmer and cook covered for about 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked through and tender.
- Once cooked, fold in the pigeon peas and toss to combine.