- 1 whole frying chicken- 2.5 pounds, butterflied and scored
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon madras curry powder
- 1 whole jalapeno
- 1 c. cilantro, chopped
- 4 each, garlic cloves, peeled and grated on microplane
- .25 c honey
- 2 oz. ginger, peeled and grated on microplane
- Toast spices and grind, leaving the mixture a little coarse.
- Add all ingredients, except for chicken into a blender and blend until completely combined.
- Cover chicken with yogurt and place in a plastic bag and leave overnight.
- Season the chicken with salt and place on the grill and place chicken breast side down for about 15-20 minutes, with a weight on top (a brick wrapped in foil is a great way to keep the chicken flat).
- Flip the chicken and grill on the backside for another 6-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 155-160F.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing.