- 250g (1/2 lb) ground pork
- 250g (1/2 lb) ground turkey
- 2½ tablespoons (40ml) maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ teaspoons (13g) finely chopped sage
- 1½ teaspoons (8g) finely chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon (5g) fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon (5g) kosher salt
- ½ tsp (3g) freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp (1g) paprika
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- Preheat oven to 200F (93C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a cooling rack and set aside.
- Mix together all ingredients but oil in a large bowl.
- With damp hands, form mixture into twelve generous 1/4-inch (1/2-cm) thick patties. Place on a plate and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15ml) of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches of six, cook patties until browned and meat is cooked through (165F, 74C), about 6 to 8 minutes flipping halfway. Turn heat down to medium-low if patties are browning too quickly. Wipe pan down with a paper towel in between batches and add more oil before adding remaining patties.
- If not serving immediately place cooked patties on baking sheet, and keep in preheated oven.