- 3 tablespoons (45g) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (56g) panko bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp (1g) chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 zucchinis, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons (20ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (50g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- Heat broiler to high and position a rack 6-inches (15cm) from broiler.
- Heat butter in a large non-stick oven-safe pan over medium heat.
- Add panko and chili flakes and cook, stirring occasionally until panko is lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside in a small bowl.
- Score the cut side of zucchinis with a cross hatch pattern and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium-high and cook zucchini in pan, cut-side down, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir parmesan into panko mixture. Top scored side of zucchinis with panko mixture.
- Place in oven and broil until browned, checking often, about 2 to 4 minutes.