Chocolate Almond Ice Cream Bars
Mary's Kitchen Crush - "Game Time Grub"
- 1L vanilla ice cream, softened in fridge until spreadable
- 3 cups (525g) semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (78ml) coconut oil
- 2/3 cup (100g) chopped toasted almonds
- Line a 9-inch (23cm) square baking pan with parchment paper. Scoop ice cream into the pan and spread evenly to edges. Freeze until very firm, about 6 hours.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Remove ice cream from pan, remove parchment and cut ice cream into 9 equal squares. Place squares onto prepared sheet and return to freezer.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a glass bowl. Place bowl over a pot of gently simmering water, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Quickly dip the ice cream squares into the shell mixture, sprinkle with almonds and return to freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.