Mac & Cheese
- 1 cup (100g) dry macaroni noodles, cooked
- 1½ cups (188g) shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (236ml) whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5g) dry mustard powder
- ¾ teaspoon (4g) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) freshly ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups (156g) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup (150g) cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons (20g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5g) kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (1g) freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons (45g) granulated sugar
- 1½ cups (354ml) whole milk
- 1 egg
- Canola oil, for frying
- ½ cup (125ml) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Sriracha
Mac & Cheese
- Heat the oven to 400F (205C) and spray an 8-inch square (20 cm) baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scatter half the cooked macaroni noodles into prepared pan followed by half the cheese. Top with the remaining noodles and cheese; set aside.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, mustard powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture over noodles and cheese and bake until set, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack to cool completely. Place in fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- To assemble, line a rimmed baking sheet with a wire cooling rack; set aside. Heat oven to 200F (93C).
- Cut mac and cheese in half and cut each half onto eight 1x4-inch (2x10cm) sticks.
- Place mac and cheese sticks into a shallow dish and toss with ¼ cup flour (30g); set aside.
- Whisk together remaining flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, pepper and sugar in a large bowl. Add milk and egg and whisk to combine.
- Heat 2-inches (5 cm) of oil to 350F (176C) in a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Dip mac and cheese sticks in batter and fry in batches of two until golden, about 2 to 4 minutes, flipping halfway. Transfer to prepared rack and place in oven to keep warm while frying remaining sticks.
- Serve with Spicy Ketchup.
- Mix together ketchup and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate and serve with Corndog Mac & Cheese