- 700g (1 ¾ lbs) prepared pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (10g) fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon (15g) finely chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Divide pizza dough into eight pieces.
- Coat each piece with olive oil. Flatten and stretch dough into rough ovals.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, stir together melted butter, garlic, thyme and parsley.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches of two, add dough to skillet and cook until no longer shiny, about 7 minutes, flipping after 5 minutes and brushing with herbed butter. Repeat process with all remaining pieces.
- Transfer cooked pieces to a rimmed baking sheet and brush unseasoned side with herb butter. Season with salt and pepper.