- 3 tablespoons (45ml) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (3g) lime zest
- ½ grapefruit, cut into 4 wedges
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 cup (236ml) grapefruit juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced, divided
- 3 tablespoons (45g) agave syrup
- 1 cup (236ml) tequila
- 1 cup (236ml) soda water
- Combine salt and zest on a small plate or shallow bowl.
- Run a grapefruit wedge along the rim of four highball glasses, press rim of each glass into salt and lime mixture to coat.
- Place grapefruit wedge into bottom of each glass.
- Stir together lime and grapefruit juices.
- Add half the jalapeno and agave syrup in a pitcher filled halfway with ice. Stir in tequila.
- Fill glasses with ice and divide remaining jalapeno slices among the glasses.
- Pour tequila mixture over and top with soda water.