- 3 roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise and seeded
- ½ jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- ¼ white onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small handful cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) ground cumin
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Heat broiler to high and position a rack in upper third of oven.
- Place tomatoes and jalapenos skin-side up on a large rimmed baking sheet with garlic cloves and onion. Broil until skin on tomatoes and pepper are blistered and charred, about 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Remove as much of the charred skin as possible from the tomatoes and peppers.
- Remove skin from the garlic.
- Place vegetables into a food processor with cilantro, lime juice, cumin and salt. Pulse until desired consistency. Serve warm or chilled.