- 6 cups/3 pints (600g) blueberries
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup (60g) granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons (25g) cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoons (8g) cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup (120g) whole wheat or spelt flour
- ½ cup (45g) rolled oats
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (115g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup cream (30g) cheese
- Ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C).
- Gently toss together blueberries, lemon zest and juice, granulated sugar, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon (5g) cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture from bowl into an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan and place pan on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix together flour, oats, brown sugar and remaining cinnamon in a medium bowl. Use your hands to rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles wet sand.
- Sprinkle oat mixture over fruit then dot mixture with cream cheese.
- Bake until fruit is bubbling and top is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving with ice cream, if desired.