Mary's Kitchen Crush - "Canadian Long Weekend"
- 6 cups/3 pints (600g) blueberries
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup (60g) granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons (25g) cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoons (8g) cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup (120g) whole wheat or spelt flour
- ½ cup (45g) rolled oats
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (115g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup cream (30g) cheese
- Ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C)
- Gently toss together blueberries, lemon zest and juice, granulated sugar, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon (5g) cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture from bowl into an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan and place pan on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix together flour, oats, brown sugar and remaining cinnamon in a medium bowl. Use your hands to rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles wet sand.
- Sprinkle oat mixture over fruit then dot mixture with cream cheese. Bake until fruit is bubbling and top is golden, about 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving with ice cream, if desired.