- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon (15g) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) water
- ½ cup (115g) unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon (12g) chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon (12g) chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon (5g) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 6 fresh (or frozen and thawed) 6oz (170g) lobster tails
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) lemon zest
- 4 top split hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons (12g) chopped chives
- Place celery in a heat-proof jar or glass measuring cup.
- Combine salt, sugar, vinegar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook until sugar and salt have dissolved, about 2 min.
- Pour liquid over celery and let sit for 20 minutes (or up to 2 hours) before straining to serve.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in garlic, parsley, tarragon, salt and seafood seasoning. Lower heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes, reducing heat if butter begins to foam or garlic browns.
- Meanwhile, using kitchen shears, remove lobster tails from shell and coarsely chop meat. Set aside.
- Increase heat to medium and add lobster meat. Cook until just opaque, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and remove from heat.
- Divide lobster over buns.
- Top with chives and pickled celery.