Blue Cheese Shortbread
Mary's Kitchen Crush - "Delicious Drop-In"
- ½ cup (70g) crumbled Roquefort or Stilton cheese
- ¼ cup (58g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (64g) flour
- ¼ cup (32g) cornstarch
- ¼ cup (32g) finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoon (8g) finely chopped rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) freshly ground black pepper
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- With a hand mixer beat together blue cheese and butter in a medium bowl until blue cheese resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, walnuts, rosemary, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until mixture begins to form a ball. Turn out dough onto counter and knead gently to bring together.
- Place dough on a piece of plastic wrap, form into a 6-inch (15cm) log. Wrap tightly and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F(176C).
- Cut the log into twenty-four ¼ inch (1/2cm) thick rounds and place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake shortbread until edges start to brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.