- 3 tablespoons (45g) unsalted butter
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup flour (30g)
- 2 cups (475ml) vegetable broth
- ¼ cup (60ml) 35% cream
- 1 cup peas (150g), fresh or frozen
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- ¼ cup (50g) finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons (30g) finely chopped parsley
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced (optional)
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 1½ cups (190g) flour
- 2 teaspoons (10g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3g) garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) kosher salt
- ½ cup (115g) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1½ cups (225g) crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup (65g) finely chopped chives
- ¾ -1 cup (177-235ml) buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 425F (220C).
- Heat butter in a large cast iron skillet or oven-proof frying pan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, zucchini and broccoli to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle vegetables with flour. Cook and stir for one minute.
- Pour in half the broth and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened; add remaining broth and simmer for 2 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in cream, peas, spinach, chives, parsley and chicken, if using. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally while preparing the biscuits.
- Stir lemon zest and juice into filling mixture.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in feta and chives. Add in ¾ cup of buttermilk. Stir to form a ragged, wet dough, adding more buttermilk, if needed.
- Using a large spoon, dollop six biscuits onto filling, and transfer skillet to the oven.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.